Sunday, December 27, 2009
8:34 PM | Posted by Taxidermy Tube | Edit Post
Avoid Making Your Dog Gun Shy
An important aspect to dog hunting training that many hunters get wrong is how they introduce their dog to gunfire. Although gunfire introduction for a dog requires detailed explanation, there are some steps you can take for your dog to avoid developing gun shyness.
- Never shoot over a young dog’s head without a gradual introduction to loud noises.
- Over time, gradually introduce loud sounds to your dog when it is a puppy.
- Use gunfire training audios that play the sound of gunfire gradually to your dog.
- Introduce a gun first by sight and scent, and eventually sound.
- ► 2010 (22)
- ▼ December (4)
- ► 2008 (21)
Hunting Website Links
- Game Bird Hunts Website
- Foremost Hunting
- Watch Taxidermy Videos Online
- Foremost Hunting YouTube Channel
- Taxidermy Tube YouTube Channel
- Pheasant.com Website
- All Things Hunting
- Foremost Hunting On Face Book
- North American Game Bird Association
- Foremost Media Website Design
- MacFarlane Pheasants
- On The Ground Outdoors
- Golf Course Directory
- Foremost Hunting Blog
- Deer Hunting Blog
- American Cross Bow Blog
- Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer
- Foremost Outdoor TV
- Coyote Hunting Blog
- Gehrig Sporting Clays